ABOUT DR. TRACY L. SKAER
Dr. Tracy L. Skaer is a tenured Professor Emeritus of Pharmacotherapy and licensed pharmacist with over 35 years of pharmaceutical experience including more than 10 years as a pharmacy consultant and medication expert witness. Dr. Skaer completed 9 years of pharmacy education including a Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) degree from Washington State University, Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree Summa Cum Laude from the University of Southern California, and an American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency. She is a licensed pharmacist in California, Idaho, and Washington.
Dr. Skaer’s research includes chronic pain, opioid misuse, substance abuse, comorbid mental illness in chronic disease, depression, anxiety disorders, insomnia, ADHD, mindfulness, pharmacoeconomics, pharmacoepidemiology, and complementary and alternative medicine. She has secured over $3.2 million in grants from foundations and pharmaceutical industry.
Dr. Tracy L. Skaer’s peer-reviewed publications include 110 professional abstracts, 82 research papers, 43 review articles, and 6 book chapters. Her research has appeared in numerous medical and pharmaceutical journals including, Drugs, Clinical Drug Investigation, PharmacoEconomics, Journal of Clinical Pharmacy & Therapeutics, American Journal of Medicine, Harvard Review of Psychiatry, and the New England Journal of Medicine among others. She currently serves on the Editorial Board of Clinical Drug Investigation, Pain Studies and Treatment, Journal of Sleep Medicine and Disorders, Austin Pain & Relief, Journal of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Treatment.
Dr. Tracy L. Skaer is a Fellow of the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) and Fellow of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacist (ASCP). She is member of the American College of Clinical Pharmacist’s (ACCP) Pain and Palliative Care Practice and Research Network (PRN).
She is the recipient of the ASHP Research and Education Foundation’s Pharmacy Practice Research Award and ASHP Research and Education Foundation’s Pharmacotherapy Research Award. Dr. Skaer has also been listed in several editions of Marquis Who’s Who and is the recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Palouse Graduate Chapter
- Rho Chi National Pharmacy Scholastic Honor Society
- Washington State Pharmacy Association
- Albert Nelson Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fellow, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Fellow, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- ASHP Research and Education Foundation Pharmacy Practice Award
- ASHP Research and Education Foundation Pharmacotherapy Research Award
- Who’s Who in American Education
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Women
- Who’s Who in Medicine and Health Care
- Who’s Who in the World
- Who’s Who in the West